I know that my overall progress will come slow and incrementally. I know that there will be periods of time when I take two steps forward and one step back. I think that it is important to try and stay positive not just during one’s recovery time but to stay positive at all times. The bible says in Proverbs 23:7 “As a man thinks, so is he.”
With that said, I want to go on record stating that I have been blessed with the following milestones.
- I have not had any chills in the last 4 days. I had chills off and on during the first 4 days home home following my spinal fusion. I guess it went with the low grade fever of 99.3 I was running compared to my usual 97.4.
- I have not had any nausea in the last 9 days. I did have some heartburn the first day home but some Tums cleared that right up and I have not had to take any more since.
- The “old” groin injury aggravated by the prone position during the surgery is not bothering me anymore. (Do they use restraints? The bruises on my legs and behind would suggest they do. Don’t expect any photos.)
- Last night, even though I woke up every two hours, I did not take any pain medication between 9:30 pm and 4:00 am.
- I found a gardener to help during my recovery who works real cheap.
I think that my recovery is going well. I am up to walking between 50 to 60 minutes total per day. This occurs over the span of 4 short walks. I don’t set any records for speed or agility but I am giving myself high marks for consistency and for meeting more of the neighbors.
I don’t think my good progress has been based so much on the “power of a positive attitude” as it has been based on the “power of a prayerful and praiseful” attitude. David said in Psalm 103:2 – 4
Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases; Who redeems your life from the pit, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion…
As you travel on your journey, don’t forget to praise the Lord for each of the milestones along the way. Praise Him also for pulling you through the setbacks. Yes, praise the Lord through it all; stay prayerful, stay positive and remember, God has your back.
If you would like to know more about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, you can send me an email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org